Massage therapy is a form of healing that considers the whole person -- body, mind, spirit, and emotions - in the quest for optimal health and wellness. According to the holistic medicine philosophy, one can achieve optimal health by gaining proper balance in life.
Massage Therapy at Bay Life Centre
- Aims to realign the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue.
- Releases adhesions (bands of rigid tissue) in muscles, which block circulation, causing pain and inflammation.
- Relieves chronic pain and muscle spasm.
- Aids mobility.
- Helps reduce the risk of sport injuries.
- Improves muscle recovery after an intense workout.
Hot Stone Massage
- A deep penetrative and soothing massage achieved through the use of heated stones.
- Relieves muscle tension, spasm and associated pain.
Indian Head Massage
- Massage and stimulation of trigger points of the scalp, face, neck and shoulders.
- Stimulates free-flow of energy around the body.
- Boosts circulation of the cerebral spinal fluid.
- Relieves Mandibular joint, neck and shoulder tension.
- Relieves symptoms of sinusitis and headache.
- Relieves restlessness and insomnia.
- Improves Concentration.
- A deeply relaxing, revitalising and body balancing massage achieved through massage of the feet.
- Stimulates the reflex points of the feet.
- Clears congestion in the body caused by stress and life-style imbalances.
- Restores balance to the body systems (eg. circulation, digestion, respiratory, nervous systems).
- Stimulates free –flow of energy around the body.
- Stimulates the body’s healing potential.
Cheryl has been involved with the medical industry for more than 20 years the past 17 as a Massage therapist and Reflexologist. She is qualified in Aromatherapy, Trigger point, Lymphatic Drainage and Myofacial Release massage and has started studying Cranial Sacral Therapy. She has been a qualified Reflexologist since the beginning of her journey and has helped many patients with diagnosis, internal problems and relief from pain. Her massage technique is unique and wholely her own through knowledge and experience of the body. She has done several Reiki courses and includes energy work in her massages. Cheryl maintains that each client is unique and aims to help every client who visits her with their individual problems and well being. She looks forward to seeing you for a treatment at Bay Life Centre Lorraine.