Massage therapy is a form of healing that considers the whole person -- body, mind, spirit, and emotions - in the quest for optimal health and wellness. According to the holistic medicine philosophy, one can achieve optimal health by gaining proper balance in life.
Massage Therapy at Bay Life Centre
- Aims to realign the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue.
- Releases adhesions (bands of rigid tissue) in muscles, which block circulation, causing pain and inflammation.
- Relieves chronic pain and muscle spasm.
- Aids mobility.
- Helps reduce the risk of sport injuries.
- Improves muscle recovery after an intense workout.
Hot Stone Massage
- A deep penetrative and soothing massage achieved through the use of heated stones.
- Relieves muscle tension, spasm and associated pain.
Indian Head Massage
- Massage and stimulation of trigger points of the scalp, face, neck and shoulders.
- Stimulates free-flow of energy around the body.
- Boosts circulation of the cerebral spinal fluid.
- Relieves Mandibular joint, neck and shoulder tension.
- Relieves symptoms of sinusitis and headache.
- Relieves restlessness and insomnia.
- Improves Concentration.
- A deeply relaxing, revitalising and body balancing massage achieved through massage of the feet.
- Stimulates the reflex points of the feet.
- Clears congestion in the body caused by stress and life-style imbalances.
- Restores balance to the body systems (eg. circulation, digestion, respiratory, nervous systems).
- Stimulates free –flow of energy around the body.
- Stimulates the body’s healing potential.